Saturday, September 18, 2021

World Food Programme by the Alphabet


 Hello, readers. As most of you know the school year is about to begin in Nigeria and children especially toddlers are going to learn the letters of the Alphabet. Each time, you know, A is always for Apple. Must it remain so? I got thinking about how fun it would be to teach children the various letters of the alphabet with food. And come to think of it, there are many types of food from various parts of the world. Yes, it was really one of the few positive highlights of Temple Square, Salt Lake City. The kitchen was a nice place where the sister missionaries gathered to eat their lunches and suppers. Many times, it provided opportunity to taste foods from various countries that I haven't visited till date including Thailand, Mongolia, South Korea, Japan, the Philippines, American Samoa, etc. You see the list is quite endless. While I hadn't visited those countries, I was able to enjoy a few of their cuisines often eating out in their restaurants in SLC. Boston, Massachusetts also provided me a great opportunity to try world cuisines. And the other part? Recently, I didn't make it to the shortlist of the World Food Programme of the United Nations (I believe) and I decided to think of the various foods of the world while wondering why I didn't make it again. Heck! Am I that unemployable? Shall I say that that's my own way of making lemonade out of the lemons I got handed? So....



Food by the Alphabet

A: Abacha, Agidi, Afang soup, Akidi, Akpu, Amala, Akamu, Asusu

B: Burger, Burrito, Banga soup

C/CH: Cheese, Cake, Cheesecake, Chinese fried rice

D: Doughnut, Dumpling

E: Eggroll, Eggnog, Ewedu, Edikang ikong, Egusi Roll, Egusi soup, Eba, Efo riro

F: Fried Rice, Fried yam

G: Guacamole, Gbegiri, Garri

H: Hamburger, Hot dog

I: Ice cream, Isi ewu

J: Jambalaya, Jollof rice

K: Kilishi, Kimchi, Kuka soup, Korean beef, Kenke, Kunu (drink)

L: Lasagna, Lollipop, Lafu

M: Masala, Mongolian beef, Masa, Marinated chicken, Macaroni

N: Nsala, Nachos, Nuggets, Noodle, nkwobi

O: Omelette, Ox tail, Olugbu soup, Oha soup

P: Pancake, Patty, Pepper soup, Pasta, Pizza, Pie

Q: Quesilla, Quail

R: Ratatouille

S: Scrambled eggs, Suya, Smoothie, Shito, Sandwich, Sushi, Sharwama, soya milk, Salsa, Sausage roll

T: Teriyaki, Taco, Tiger nut (drink)

U: Ugba, Ukazi soup, ukwa

V: Veal

W: Waffle, Waache, Wolof rice, Waachee stew

X: ?

Y: Yogurt

Z: Zobo (drink).

You're welcome to include your own favourite foods and even teach children how to make simple recipes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment