Saturday, November 12, 2022

How I Met Mr. Taylor Harper the Oil Man Turned Mission President in Nigeria

 ~ I don’t need my life to be about some mad (wo)man and a mission form.


I knew little about Mr. Harper before I would meet him in 2005. I recently got to know from Mr. David Eka, that he (Harper) was an oil man in Port Harcourt before he came to Ibadan. Perhaps he desired to live longer in Nigeria and returned as a mission president of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. What his real mission to Nigeria was (or is), I wasn’t intimated. Perhaps the mission was a smokescreen like the old colonialists came as missionaries and later became administrators and tyrants. Well.... This is not an affidavit but I categorically state the following that:

1) I met Mr. Taylor Harper, possibly an engineer in his Ibadan, Oyo State office at Osintuokun when he was overseeing the mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in 2005. I was about to round off my observance of the National Youth Service Corps at Air Force Comprehensive School, Ibadan. I came to his office to submit my mission papers/form for the mission that would later take me to Salt Lake City, Utah, USA. This was our first meeting my whole cognitive life. I got the mission form from a branch president. Ibadan was then a district and I learnt that it’s now a stake. If you were LDS you would understand the lingo.

2) I met him again when I came to be set apart/blessed for the mission to the USA. I came from Aba to Ibadan for this purpose. I would leave for Lagos to the USA thereafter. These two times were the only time that I met him in Nigeria.

3) I met Mr. Harper, again now a missionary on Temple Square, Salt Lake City, Utah. He had completed his tenure or time as mission president in Ibadan. He requested a lunch with but the mission president’s wife denied me the opportunity. Other missionaries from Nigeria got away and had such ‘lunches’ with their own visitors. He gave me a parting gift of $20, which I refused but he insisted on me using the money. I shared half of the money with my companion, a South Korean named M. Kim. I gave $10 to her and I think we had a Subway or something like that one summer afternoon of that 2006.

4) I would return to Nigeria from my mission in 2007 to discover that Mr. Harper was a temple missionary of the LDS Church at the Aba Nigeria Temple. He was possibly the temple president. I learnt that he came with another Harper whose identity wasn’t known to me.

5) I don’t have a personal relationship of any nature with Mr. Harper or any member of his family. He wasn’t known to me before I brought my mission form to him. A daughter of his got me from the airport in Salt Lake City, Utah to Provo, Utah. She gave me no message from her father. I was in a black suit and nobody told me not to wear a black top on the Square. I'm not a witch and I'm not interested in harlotry or witchcraft.

6) I didn’t share any information with him beyond official and personal matters about me but hardly about members of my family. I informed him that I was sending myself on the mission and the decision was solely mine with little parental or family support. Only my mother’s son gave me a gift of 100 pound sterling.

7) My mission was solely my undertaking. He never intimated me of any plans, strategies, stratagem that was necessary for my survival in the USA. He only told me not to disclose the source of my mission funding to anyone. 

8) I got no mission funding from anyone including Mr. Harper that I was told about. He gave me no orientation of what type of life to expect in the United States of America or on Temple Square. There was a white couple in Ibadan. I learnt nothing from them. They were probably angry that I was going to waste their money abroad. I hadn’t at the time met with anybody who had attended missionary service in the USA.

9) He didn’t intimate me of his expectations of my mission nor did he disclose to me any special reasons why I was sent to the USA. I filled the same form that took others to Ghana, Port Harcourt, Lagos, and Enugu missions and other parts of Africa and beyond. I didn't get a special form for my mission. That Mr. Marcus Ogbonna with whom I discussed going on a mission didn't give me a mission form because he wasn't my bishop or mentor. He was a travel coordinator and possibly needed to make money from my trip. He didn't tell me so.

10) I wasn’t told not to serve a mission because I had earned a bachelor’s degree; instead I was pestered to do it. Mr. Allwell Nwagbara only wouldn’t have any of my reasons for going on the mission. He suggested that I should forego the mission for marriage to him, which I declined. This was sometime in September-November 2005. He was the Institute instructor in Hill Top, Ogbor Hill, Aba. I introduced nobody to Temple Square before, during and after my mission. I didn’t send any mail to Mr. Harper, Mr. Ajayi, the branch president nor to my family. I wrote email to my mother and postal mail to Peter Garba and Moses Giwa , both men I dated at the Air Force Comprehensive School, Ibadan. I didn’t think that he would be jealous of such act to other men. I am not friends or in touch with any of them now. I met Mr. Garba in Victoria Island Lagos in 2013 and I haven’t met with Mr. Giwa since my NYSC in 2005. I didn’t tell Mr. Harper about those or such men. My letters were read and I had no way of knowing if Mr. Harper sent me any mail. I got and read none from him that was placed in my cubicle. Would anybody have read and intercepted my letters on Temple Square? God forbid. 

11) I am writing this post to clear any doubts that I had an ulterior motive in going to the United States through the missionary service of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints beyond faith or church adherence. But it’s no reason to remain in a loveless, lawless and Godless and even hostile relationship with people who want their way with white people or the United States of America. I had been an official member of the LDS Church since 10 years and had gone to that church since 1985 or thereabouts. I went and served in my real, official and legal name Ijeoma Monica Njoku, which didn’t allow me any room for pranks or crimes.

12) My interest in the United States of America even before the September 11, 2001 attack on the USA was purely secular. I had written to the University of Texas Austin and Brigham Young University Idaho before and while I was an undergraduate of the University of Ibadan. I had always sought opportunity to study abroad especially with the incessant industrial strike by the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) in the 90s and early 2000s.

13) I got an admission to study in the USA, not from Brigham Young University but University of Massachusetts Boston. BYU declined my application for Mass Communication. UMass Boston admitted me into Human Services and later Women in Politics and Public Policy in 2007. I’ve gained nothing materially from serving a mission to the USA. My painful period has got even worse and I haven’t even been able to tolerate the idea of a marriage. I think I sabotaged marriage with having 13 strange female companions to contemplate. God forbid.

14) I re-entered the USA in September, 2007. I didn’t extend my stay in the USA until I had returned and enrolled at UMass Boston. Do they need any evidence from Department of Homeland Security? I even owe a lot of people from my two month broke ass stay in Nigeria before returning to the USA. Unfortunately, one of them such Mr. Loveday Nwankpa is late. I visited him in Port Harcourt while he was mission president and Segun Tinubi was his assistant and Lara Ajayi was away in Ibadan, Oyo State supposedly working with UBA and earning N150,000 a month. I didn’t visit Ibadan. I was so angry with my decision to go on a mission that I blamed in on some overzealous people in that city. I was wrong. Aba people were probably my problem, the Okeres and who knows who else again? I was in Calabar with Mr. Clement Okoye in 2007. No, there was no sex between us. He was Happily married and I wasn’t given to doing it with married men. There were Sitati and Nmeribe in Calabar office that year. I was also in Port Harcourt and met with Mr. Pepelle and Uduak Udoh’s brother in law in their regional office.

15) I did a change of status in order to extend my stay in the USA in Boston, Massachusetts in 2007.

16) I couldn’t work with the RI visa except with the LDS Church. The USA is a very comprehensive country. I elected to work in any school and I was enrolled at UMass Boston. RI was volunteer and gave no green card because we paid no taxes.

17) I got a stipend ($136 every three weeks or $140 per month) for standing all day (8am to 8pm) and endangering my reproductive health. 

18) I met all the missionaries, male and female, for the first time in my life on Temple Square. 

19) I never stalked anybody nor did I ask Enktuya from Mongolia to run away from the mission. It was purely her design and the LeBarons were aware of her plans to leave for studies in her home country. What came out of her torn letter, read by her and disposed off on the way to the Deseret Apartment wasn’t known to me. It was sport to blame me for every nasty person’s show of arrogance. I am stalked. Can Mr. Taylor Harper of Mapleton, Utah, USA get his women, harlots and all out of my life? I don’t care what others have gained from their own missions or hustles. Let them leave me alone. I need peace of mind.

20) I wasn’t allowed to read but forced to sign a document authorizing residence in Salt Lake City, Utah. Why? I didn’t think that it was a show of hospitality to me nor to Diane Douglas, a Canadian.

21) I did my flu shots and mantox tests at the BYU Health Centre. What else did I get? Syphilis shot? Did I get infected like the prisoners in Tuskegee, Alabama? Wow! Wolves in sheep’s clothing.

22) Mr. Taylor Harper wasn’t my mission president. The late LeBaron, Steward (Houston, Texas) and Stewart were my mission president. He wasn’t even president on my return from Temple Square.

23) I haven’t received any calls, correspondence by mail or email from Mr. Taylor Harper before, during nor after my mission to Temple Square.

24) I gave a letter from Mr. Kirk of the Aba Nigeria Temple to Mr. Milo LeBaron. I didn’t like that Mr. LeBaron’s granddaughter’s best friend Darci Shumway had to come to my mission. It was most representative of corruption and rigging in the LDS Church. I endured unnecessary bullying from Madam LeBaron, the mission president’s wife and from other missionaries. I hadn’t enlisted as a lesbian. So, what gave? Was there a law irrevocably decreed that I wasn’t privy to? Do tell, please.

25) I enjoin Mr. Taylor Harper to use my direct email: ijenjoku@gmail.com to communicate any important information to me as the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints did recently. They talked about hackers. I don’t know how to hack to save my sanity.

26) I haven’t had any sexual intercourses with any missionary including mission presidents till date. I believe that this is in accordance with the principles of the message shared by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I have had intimacy with men of my choice adventures. I did not know any of the Nigerian women who were before me to the US missions of the LDS Church nor those that came after me. None was a close pal. I suspect that one Ada Obasi who probably has changed her name often was briefly known in secondary school several years ago. She wasn’t a friend nor a close associate of mine though believably Igbo. I think Mr. Harper should look into her activities. She’s a stalker and probably works for him. There were Uduak Udo, Harrison Ikpe, Nelly Metus, Patience Hezekiah (I didn’t meet her on Temple Square) as missionaries from Nigeria to Temple Square. Are they stalked as I am for going to the USA? Why should a goat stalk a sheep?

27) I reserved the privilege and right to remove my membership of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, which I did in May, 2013. I am not compelled to believe that it was a bad decision. I don’t commune with devils, demons and all sorts of evil people that congregate in many LDS Church buildings all over the world. I don’t even know what’s added to the water they drank for sacrament. I have not authorized anybody to replace or represent me in any undertaking including secular and otherwise. I am present on social media even though my Facebook page was hacked in 2019 and I am yet to recover it.  I am Ijeoma Monica Njoku on Twitter and my email is still in use. 

Thank you.



No comments:

Post a Comment