Tuesday, June 6, 2023

Malachy & I: lonely Nigerian


migwilo: Hello Ij?

urisbest: Hi Malachy!! I saw your email. Thanks so much.

migwilo: Cool

migwilo: We wait and see. I am in contact with them and I was hoping that they will be ready today but ...they are not

urisbest: No problem, that's Naija for us. I was worried about Princeton because their deadline is 1dec but they want it sent online so that isn't any problem at all.

urisbest: Sorry that I haven't checked what u asked of me. I have been sick :-(

migwilo: Sick? In America?

urisbest: Yeah, LOL!!! People die here everyday. But it's not my portion in Jesus name!!!

migwilo: Yes....but, we always thought that America is sickness free. It s all about the good life! Paradise!

urisbest: Paradise is relative. Remember that Americans are more depressed than Nigerians. Isn't that funny. So good life in itself doesn't guarantee happiness.

migwilo: Yes.. they are depresed becuase they are mostly lonely. Isn't that true?

urisbest: Hmmm...lonely? Americans party a lot and they are good at maintaining relationships. I think this place is just stressrul. Everyone is expected to be perfect and that is only utopian.

migwilo: I see then work too much! Frienship is hard to maintain becuase they are all at work nearly all the time! That is what is informing my point?

urisbest: They work too much because they have a lot of bills to pay: mortagage, insurance (car, health, etc), cell phone, utilities, etc. And when the holidays roll around, that's another means of expenditure. No wonder finances account for the number one reason for divorce in the United States. But in spite of all this, they still maintain friendships through partying, clubbing and going to the bar. some of them drink a lot too.

migwilo: It bafles me that they always divorce over money. Apart from this, someone can cut down on bills?

urisbest: Well of course but that means you may not really be enjoying the American dream. but it's a question of deciding what's important at any point in time.

migwilo: House, car, TRAVEL, serenity is important to me.

migwilo: I can get all this I guess without dying trying?

urisbest: Of course, but you may need to cut back on other expenses.

migwilo: That is cool. Ij...I have to go now. I am going home. I have a visitor from Lag. See u online tomorrow


No comments:

Post a Comment